Pages

Thursday 7 October 2010

Compendium Of Curiosities - Challenge No. 16 - Wrinkle Free Distress


The current challenge set by Linda on her blog Studio:L3 is to create something using the technique in Tim Holtz' book Compendium of Curiosities, page 33 he calls 'wrinkle free distress' which without going into detail is basically playing about with Distress Inks and a Craft Mat.

Here's a couple of work in progress photos which show the colours of Distress Ink I used for my two large tags.

I went for a Paris theme and the two rubber stamps I used were The Eiffel Tower (554J) by Auntie Amy and Paris Socialite (80436) by Stamps Happen


I also used an unmounted butterfly/Paris postage stamp from Crafty Individuals (got a bit carried away with stamping that on the purple one!)

They're not exactly Paris chic, more Paris grunge but that's quite fitting I suppose for the King of Grunge our craft lord and master Tim Holtz!

If you hop on over to Linda's blog you'll find links to lots of other examples of this technique as well as details of some fantastic prize giveaways!

Thanks for looking .... or should that be
'Merci pour le regard'
(thanks Yahoo translator - lol)

8 comments:

PetraB said...

The tags are absolutely lovely, I love the colours.

Jan said...

Beau travail Sherry! J'aime beaucoup l'effet. Baisers x

Meggymay said...

They are both super Sherry, the stamps look great.

Judy Wood said...

thanks for your kind comments! gotta LOVE stickles! LOL! love your paris theme! it ROCKS!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Sherry, I'd call them "Paris Grunge Chic," as they're very beautiful and stylish! I love your color choices, and you aced the wrinkle-free distress technique. The Parisian-themed stamps are so wonderfully used, and the collage-y look you created with them is so cool!

They are très magnifique, and you truly created a couple of masterpieces!

Tuire Flemming said...

Beautiful tags!
I love Distress Inks and now I have bought also some Distress Powders... and the book (Compendium of Curiosities).

Your tool bowl on your workdesk looks nice :)

MarleneMAZ said...

These are both gorgeous! I absolutely love the stamps you used, so many possibilities..

Deborah said...

These are gorgeous. Very stylish and sophisticated.