Pages

Sunday 23 October 2011

'Tim in Ten' and 'Quixotic Inspirations Sketch Challenge'


I had to make a birthday card and I didn't have much time
(well, that's not strictly true, but I didn't want to spare the time when there's so many other crafty things to do!)

However, it had to be done, and when I saw the sketch challenge on
I decided to play along!


I kept it simple, just how I like it (well, that's not strictly true either but I couldn't come up with anything better in the time I allowed!)

I also decided to play along with the challenge over on
which was a speed challenge (just 10 minutes to make a card)
and where at least one Tim Holtz product should be used.
Originally I thought I couldn't possibly make a card in ten minutes
but an email from Terry reminded me that the ten minutes
was for the actual creating (not for the idea or getting the supplies together!)
I had no excuse then did I!
I still kept it simple though - oh well!

The items I used to make the card were as follows:
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz Collection 'School Desk CMS057' stamp (the rectangle note pad)
The Artistic Stamper 'Botanical 2 A5#056' (The rulers, ink bottle and nib)
Hero Arts 'CL289' (the 'For You' sentiment in the circle)

If you're still reading this,
thanks for looking :)

13 comments:

Terry said...

I knew without a doubt that you could do it! What a really cool birthday card, which the receiver will never know it took only 10 minutes! Love the touch of the ink bottle! Oh my hubby just made a remark about the clean up time!!!

Denise said...

Oh! I don't understand this challenge.I know it's just me.I went to their blog and I still don't understand.This is the first blog I've been to though that I started hearing sweet bells.Please,Oh please, can you E-mail me or go to my blog and tell me how to have these fairy bells on my blog? Denise-Please visit anytime :)

Createology said...

Your card is simple and interesting and best of all...handmade! Great project.
Serene Sunday to you...

Luna Art said...

Great card, cant believe it only took 10 mins! Love the TH stamp on it. Also your vintage bookmarks are fab and i LOVE the little witch doll you made! x

Meggymay said...

Great card in 10 mins. Just shows how long we spend thinking doesn't it. Yvonne s

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, only 10 minutes!! You did a fab job Sherry. I wish I could make something this good in 10mins..I faff about far too much LOL!
Jan x

Healing Woman said...

It's funny, my browser wouldn't allow your blog to come up, or so I thought. Minutes later, I heard the fairy bells and I knew you were on some window somewhere so I clicked below and there you were. Saved by the bell.

Your card is lovely and it's wonderful that you make your own birthday and other cards for people. Makes them feel very special for sure.

Unknown said...

You just do CAS so well Sherry, you used some lovely stamps on your card! Good luck with the challenge, hugs, Ira

Alina said...

I like it very much, Sherry! thanks for joining us at Quixotic Paperie!
hugs, Alina

Mary J said...

This is so fab Sherry! Love your CAS take of my sketch over at Quixotic Paperie - thanks for joining us!

Mary J x

Sandy said...

A fab vintage style card, love it.
Sandy

http://joy-sandyscreations.blogspot.com/2011/10/lady-with-wine.html#comments

Lou Mac said...

You made this in 10 minutes?! Amazing!! Really love your take on the sketch!

Thanks for joining us over at Quixotic for our 'Sketch Challenge' this month.

xo Lou Mac ~ QP Designer.

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous, thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge. Kim