I didn't think I was going to get my dress for May done before the end of the month, but I did! It's for the challenge set by Margaret on her blog Alice and Camilla where we create one dress for every month of the year.
So here's mine, ready for the May Queen and I think it looks pretty, floaty and romantic!
The bodice part is cardstock covered with white Plastraw - which is a kind of shiny raffia (I know Gini will like this!) The rest of the dress is made from a white lining material (nylon I think it is). I gathered the top of the sleeves and skirt with a running stitch and stitched it onto more cardstock. I left the hems untouched as they were the selvedges and had a border pattern on - very handy as I didn't want to do any more stitching! As the dress is for the May Queen, it had to have a garland of flowers (even though they're paper ones!)
I have at last made a wardrobe for all my dresses - put hubby to work on Ebay and he came up trumps with a lovely old cigar box.