How time flies - it's August already, that means dress number eight to add to my collection for the Dress Up challenge being hosted by Margaret on her blog Alice and Camilla where all participants create one dress for every month of the year.
As I'm going on holiday to Cyprus later this month my dress is based loosely on their traditional national dress.
I cut the basic dress template from white card (extending the arms to make long sleeves) and painted with some dark red acrylic.
I cut an apron shape from some broderie anglaise fabric and did a bit of machine stitching in red and black around it and stitched it onto the card dress. I rubber stamped some swirls in red ink along the bottom to give the look of embroidery. It's actually a stamp from a Christmas set - the poinsettia flower may have given it away!
I did much the same at the top of the dress - not the best rubber stamping in the world, but I think it gives the effect of embroidery (well it does from a distance - if you half close your eyes - and have a good imagination - LOL).
Here's all the dresses together in their own little wardrobe - I think I'll just about be able to fit another four in!
Thanks for looking!