This week over at the
the challenge is to create something using the colours
Well, here's my take on the challenge -
I cut the bodice from a scrap of leather but used the
reverse (suede-y)side as the colour better fitted the challenge.
I sewed on a strip of lace at the top.
The skirt and wrap are both sari ribbon - I've been lucky
that for the past three weeks of joining in with these challenges,
I've had just the right colours of fabric.
The 'Medusa' locks are part of a recycled scarf.
Her face is moulded from air dried clay and painted with acrylics
and water colour pencils.
She is mounted onto mountboard which I covered with
brown paper, then distressed a bit with masking tape, gesso-ed,
painted and added some Brilliance Dew Drop ink
-colour Pearlescent Sky Blue.
I also had some sari ribbon which complemented the
colours so added that to the edge of the background too.
I stuck everything down with good old glue sticks using a glue gun
- I was amazed that the glue didn't come through to the front of the
sari ribbon, it must be extremely strong fabric.
I don't know how it will 'age' though (the glue that is)
as it isn't acid free. As Medusa is staying with me though,
it doesn't really matter - we can age together gracefully,
although I think I've got quite a start on her!
Thanks for looking :)