Pages

Friday 20 April 2012

Spring Needlebook Swap


I joined in with this swap hosted by Laurie on her fun blog

Laurie said:
"create any kind of handmade needlebook you like, as long as it includes at least 5 buttons in its design"

I had some lovely fabric which I thought would suit a needlebook


My book was very simple in it's construction - I had to dispense
with the wadding as it was too thick with it.
The fun, colourful fabric for the outside,
the black and white fabric for the lining,
and red felt for the pages.

This is the back

This is it opened out

Here are the inside pages




It was fun to make and my swap partner
has now received it.
(it seems she's forgiven me for the scruffy stitching!) 

I haven't received mine yet from my swap partner
but having seen some of her beautiful work on line,
I've very excited to see what she'll send!

Thanks for hosting another great swap Laurie :)

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Your needlebook is wonderful, Sherry! I love the fabric and it is so cheery and uplifting! That pin is fabulous!

Createology said...

You did a great job on this needlebook. All the clever fabrics and buttons and the pin and dress forms...excellent. Happy swapping...

Deborah said...

What a fab little needlecase, Sherry! That sewing fabric is lovely and the tape measure bow inispired!

Jester said...

Oh wow, this looks fantastic! I always have great admiration for anyone that can sew well.

Trudy said...

great book....really love love that pin...did you make it??

Vicky said...

I absolutely LOVE this Sherry, and the scruffy stitching adds to it's appeal - perfect! :)x

SandeeNC said...

wow, I am impressed, it's so pretty!!! You did a fabulous job and your choice of material is perfect! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow...that fabric is just perfect for your fab lil needlebook...and I think you know that I would LOVE the buttons!! ;)...and the little angel pin is a cute touch! :)
Jan x

Mrs A. said...

Love, love, love the tape measure bow. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Love, love, love the tape measure bow. Hugs Mrs A.