Pages

Friday 6 December 2013

It Must Be Christmas!


A few Christmas cards have been dropping through our letterbox
so it must be Christmas now!
I thought I'd better get a move on and make a few myself.
I used the Tim Holtz/Alterations  'Ice Skates' Bigz Die from Sizzix.

I made a few with a background of old sheet music, aged and distressed a little and a Christmassy rub on.  The sentiment is rubber stamped onto
a Spellbinder's Nestabilitie die cut shape.

 
I then turned to my box of scraps and used some scrapbook paper
which wasn't at all Christmassy, but I think it still works.


The little sprigs of holly are plastic and came from some of last year's
Christmas Crackers!


 
I die cut the skates from card and leather.
Although the leather does have a nice texture, I think I prefer
to work with the card as it takes the distress ink better. 


Next on my list is to try making some Christmas Crackers -
 I've almost got enough toilet / kitchen paper roll inners!!

Thanks for looking and I hope your
Christmas preparations are going to plan :)

11 comments:

Netty said...

You are certainly getting true value from these skates, a smashing set of cards Sherry. Annette x

Hane said...

I just love all these cards....

Deborah said...

So you got your skates on and made your cards lol. I have one more to make, thank goodness. No skates - but russian dolls, snowmen and baubles (not all on the same card).

Meggymay said...

Wow, a fantastic selection of Skates, all super cards.
Yvonne

PetraB said...

I do hope not yet ... haven't got all Christmas cards yet :-) these are darling.

SusanLotus said...

Gorgeous cards!
I love the ice skates-die! Hope I´ll find one myself.

Have a great weekend!

Mrs A. said...

I'm loving your ice skates. They are all lovely. Do you have a size 6 in there by any chance? Lol. We certainly have the cold weather to go with them. hugs Mrs A.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

These are just lovely! They remind me of one of my favorite books as a young girl, Ina on the ice by Annik Saxegaard.

Mrs A. said...

My super size 6 ice skates arrived this morning!!!!!! Thanks ever so. It was my favourite of all the cards on here BTW. Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

It is lovely, Sherry! How cute!

Jester said...

Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2014. Jx