Tim's tag for August is above -
if you want to see how he made it,
click on the picture to go to his blog.
..... and here's my version
Even though I didn't have all the items Tim used
(as usual), I still closely followed the design of his tag.
Here's some brief step by step pictures of mine.
Tissue tape placed roughly where
the rubber stamps will go.
I didn't have the Ranger Texture Paste,
so used what I did have from Golden.
The textured stencils letters I put onto the tag
don't show up too much on the finished tag but it
does give the tag more interest.
Once the images were stamped over the tissue tape,
the whole thing was coloured with various colours
of Distress Stain.
The metal embellishments I chose were coloured
with the only colours of Distress Paint I have.
They looked fine once the paint had dried and
they were further 'rusted' with some Distress Embossing Powder.
I like the old rusty look of the tag -
even if I was a bit heavy handed with it!
That's it for this month - I'm really enjoying
making these tags but the year seems to be
passing so quickly!
Thanks for looking :)