Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

PaperArtsy Blog Challenge No. 4 - Miniature Art


The current challenge on the
is 'Miniature Art'.
Leandra has so many ideas on her blog
and an accompaning YouTube video that you
cannot possibly be stuck for ideas as to what to make.

I thought I'd alter a domino or make a domino book
but when looking for my domino blanks found these
which I bought a few years back in a Charity Shop.


They are 'inkable cultured stone', very smooth
and measuring less than an inch square.

I gave them a couple of coats of some Fresco Finish Paint.


I decided to go with a sewing theme
(for a change!!) and used PaperArtsy Mini MN66.
I stamped the image with a Dew Drop Brilliance 
ink pad and once dry finished off with a
Spray & Shine from Crafter's Companion. 


To join the tiles and pretty it up a bit,
I used some beads and wire.


Here's the finished result.


This is the back.
I think I should have used a different ink really as
the image has lost some of it's definition.

I made a pretty envelope for the mini hanger to go into.

 
..... and the back

I machine stitched some fabric to the back
and stitched an altered button on too.

Quite a simple project - I may still try something
a bit more adventurous yet.

Thanks for looking :)

 

12 comments:

Meggymay said...

A fantastic project Sherry, love how you made the hanger.
Yvonne xx

Алексровер Анна said...

Sherry, great and interesting idea !

Jester said...

They look fabulous and so much detail in those small spaces.

Deborah said...

A fabulous mini project, Sherry. Style Stones, eh? Bet you've had them knocking around a while :-) Still, everything gets used eventually.

sue :) said...

Your mini hanger and envelope is fab, such a different take on the miniature project. Well done.

Unknown said...

Totally creative Sherry, love the outcome of both your projects! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh I do love a sewing theme Sherry.. And your little stone tile hanger and envie are so cool! Such a fun and creative mini project, :) x

Teresa said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for an idea so cute!

PaperArtsy said...

Hi sherry. Love this idea!! I'm sure I had some of those too at some point! Sewing theme is perfect!!

Sarah B said...

really love your project - an excellent use of the stones x

Alison said...

Beautiful project, I love this idea!
Alison x

Kezzy said...

Wow wow such a cute hanging and a super gorgeous envelope. The hanging looks so awesome especially with the wire and beads. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx