The current challenge on the
is 'Miniature Art'.
Leandra has so many ideas on her blog
and an accompaning YouTube video that you
cannot possibly be stuck for ideas as to what to make.
I thought I'd alter a domino or make a domino book
but when looking for my domino blanks found these
which I bought a few years back in a Charity Shop.
They are 'inkable cultured stone', very smooth
and measuring less than an inch square.
I gave them a couple of coats of some Fresco Finish Paint.
I decided to go with a sewing theme
(for a change!!) and used PaperArtsy Mini MN66.
I stamped the image with a Dew Drop Brilliance
ink pad and once dry finished off with a
Spray & Shine from Crafter's Companion.
To join the tiles and pretty it up a bit,
I used some beads and wire.
Here's the finished result.
This is the back.
I think I should have used a different ink really as
the image has lost some of it's definition.
I made a pretty envelope for the mini hanger to go into.
..... and the back
I machine stitched some fabric to the back
and stitched an altered button on too.
Quite a simple project - I may still try something
a bit more adventurous yet.
Thanks for looking :)