Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Easter at MAMMA's




This week's theme over at MAMMAs Flickr group is 'Easter' and the challenge is to make an ATC using the template drawn by another member of the group Tracey AKA Angellea whose own ATC can be seen here.

Once I'd figured out how to attach the top and bottom parts of the egg to the backing ATC (with ribbon sandwiched between card)I really enjoyed making my ATC - although it is rather plain compared with some of the others so far made on the group.

For the outside I painted the egg with MiniMezze paint (Pacific colour). This is a lovely paint as it has a gorgeous metallic sheen to it. I then rubber stamped in a light blue colour all over, then coated it with a crackle glaze. Once that had dried and been cracked, I rubbed some metallic rub on so some of it seeped into the cracks. The outside was then finished off with a lovely vintage image from another collage Flickr group.

Inside the image again came from the collage group. The egg was painted with Folk Art paint colour Taffy and lightly rubber stamped. The Happy Easter greeting at the bottom was rubber stamped in gold and embossed.

I'm thinking this template could be adapted to make other shapes - it's nice to make an ATC which holds a surprise for the receipient once opened up!

1 comment:

Viv said...

I KNOW I shall like this Sherry!! Will be looking out for the postie!