Pages

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Birthday Cards




Here are two birthday cards I've made - but I've still managed to get a clay face in on one of them - lol.

The first is for an aunt's 80th. The background is some simple rubber stamping onto some pink pastel. The heart is a card covered with some brusho coloured tissue paper. The image has been stuck on with gel medium and the heart further embellished with some lace, paper flowers and hand stitching.

The second is for my sister's birthday. The base of the card is covered with two different scrapbook papers which I distressed a bit with some gesso and watered down ink. The doll's dress is made from wired ribbon so it gives a nice full skirt. The hair is Chenille yarn and she even has a gold necklace on (alas, not real gold!) The card itself is a piece of A4 folded over, so it is 12" high - so I think I'll be wrapping it up rather than trying to make an envelope for it.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Your doll card is gorgeous - she is so cute and I love her little shoes!
Your auntie will treasure hers as well I'm sure.

Viv said...

Brilliant (as usual!!!)
Love the face (as always)

and the card for your aunt is lovely!

Bel said...

Hi Sherry I really love your paper dolls they have such personality. The mermaid below is sooo beautiful and her tail is such a work of art. You are a clever lady :) I must get around to reading all my fav blogs more so I don't keep missing out on such good work, not good being so busy :( Take care Cindy.
Belinda

NEEDLEWINGS said...

OMG, these are so wonderful!

I better get busy so I might have a even a remotely slim chance that I might get your mermaid! lol

Oh just a cute comment for your little pirates.
To err is human, To arr is pirate! lol