It's a fact then, I've another addiction - making little paper dresses! Here's yet another to add to the several I've made over the past few days.
This one is for the Dress Up challenge being run by Margaret on her blog Alice and Camilla which is what started it all off for me and I'm loving it - so thanks again Margaret!
This one is for April and I made it with those beautiful red and yellow tulips in mind, that will soon be popping up hopefully, once all the rain and cold weather we're having at the moment comes to an end. I started with a card base and machine stitched on scraps of silk sari ribbons in a very random manner as can be seen from the close up below! Yay, my kind of stitching - lol!
I need to tidy up the back - maybe ink all over it, but in the meantime you can see all my lovely stitching - and also that my white bobbin run out and I used the only other one I had filled up - black!
I really enjoyed making this one, especially the freedom of the wild stitching and I think it has a sort of quilted look. It is quite scruffy looking though, so maybe it can be Cinderella's ballgown - the one she made herself when the ugly stepsisters were sleeping, and before she had been visited by the Fairy Godmother!