Pages

Friday 30 April 2010

M is for Mannequin!

I discovered a new site this week called Ready Steady Stamp where challenges are set every two weeks on a Wednesday.  For the current challenge participants are required to use 5 specified ingredients as shown in their scroll below

I made an ATC and used the ingredients as follows:


  1. The letter M - a wooden scrabble tile

  2. The colours - well, they're all in there somewhere

  3. Stamped flowers - I rubber stamped two flowers onto aluminium,  embossed and painted them

  4. Gesso on the background - this was the most difficult part, or the least successful anyway.  I rubber stamped some stitches down the left hand side with Gesso instead of ink.  I think they are just about visible!

  5. Rubber - that was a bit tricky too, but I ended up using part of a rubber band as a belt around the waist of the mannequin.  Luckily it was a dark pink colour so I didn't need to do anything else to it.
The scratchy black background is a rubber stamped image (from Stampers Anonymous 'Slight Alterations' collection), and the mannequin was painted with Claudine Hellmouth Studio paint (Landscape Green) and then covered over with a paper napkin.

This was a fun challenge and I like how the ATC finished up.

11 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This is fab Sherry. Love the colours.

Isabelle Norris said...

This is FAAAAAB !!!! I love it!!
thanks for playing
isa

Carol said...

I love this Sherry :)

Carol x

P'tite Plume said...

Very original and beautiful!

Jan said...

SO original Sherry and fantastic effects.

Meggymay said...

Its fantastic Sherry

Gini said...

Oh very clever Sherry, using the rubber band for a belt really does deserve a crafting medal for ingenuity!
A brilliant interpretation of the challenge. :-)
I love Alice's stripy legs, she's a good girl with attitude, the best way to be I think!
Claudette is devine! I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your dolls inspired by your book Cloth Doll Artistry, it looks fab.
I had a lovely holiday but really missed crafting and my cyber friends!
Hope you have a great long weekend Sherry
Gini
xx

Sid said...

Love this very dimensional piece !

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, the mannequin is brilliant!, what a fantastic piece Sherry!

Kianel said...

Soooooooooooo original, what a piece of work!
thanks for playing with us, love from France, Kianel.

Line said...

it's very fabulous!