I decided to use that as a base for my card.
The challenge is to alter a book page, of any book.
I chose an old page from a novel which I coloured with some
acrylic paints then distressed with a few bits and pieces.
I made a stencil for the numbers 40 and sprayed some ink through it.
As it didn't show up very well, I machine stitched around it with red cotton.
I edged it with some red velvet ribbon and a little strip of lace.
The focal point of the card is 'Prom Queen' from Stampotique.
I rubber stamped her onto card and coloured with Stickles
and watercoloured with pencils highlights on her face.
She also has some fibres in her hair for her birthday bunches!
She's attached to the card with 3D foam strips.
The birthday flower rosette I made from scraps of lace and cotton
following the tutorial here.
There are lots of lovely examples on the Stampotique blog
which you can find here.
Thanks for looking at mine.