Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Jewellery Classes - the good and the bad!


Well, I'm exaggerating about 'the bad', but this
is what I made at last week's jewellery class
and it's my least favourite piece to date.

I don't wear much jewellery at all and this pendant
is something I definitely wouldn't wear.
That doesn't mean to say I don't like it, it's just
not what I'd wear.
On the plus side, I did enjoy making it -
it's a real shell (so I didn't make that - lol),
but I put together the beads on some cotton
and attached it to the shell (which had been pre-drilled
by the tutor) with jump rings.
I also attached the wire to the end of the leather thong
and attached the lobster clasp.

Now onto the good ....


This is what I made at this week's class and I think
it's something I would actually wear.
I didn't make the chain - that was given to us
fully formed (thank goodness!).
We had the choice of making a short necklace or a bracelet,
so I opted for the latter.
We had to prepare all the beads first - by attaching
them to 1.8 wire, forming loops and shapes and 
wire wrapping some of them, 
whichever and however we wanted.
  My shapes are a bit odd, but at least they're
all like it, so that's ok - lol!
All the beads were then attached to the chain -
 I used jump rings for them all although we were 
supposed to have formed the loops and shapes so they
could fit onto the chain without jump rings - oops!!
 
The finished bracelet is quite heavy and I love
the jingly sound of it!

Thanks for looking :)

 

9 comments:

Viv said...

Two terrific pieces Sherry - the pendant is really pretty but the bracelet is deffo my fave! Love chunky jangly jewellery!Gorgeous it!!!

Mrs A. said...

Sherry,
You have a new talent under yourbelt. These pieces are terrific. What's not to like about the pendant it is so elegant. Bet you had fun with the twirly bits on the bracelet. hugs Mrs A.

Deborah said...

The bracelet is definitely my favourite too, Sherry. But I'm not much of a jewellery wearer either and don't like things hanging round my neck/dangling.

Createology said...

Jewelry is such fun to create as it has infinite possibilities and styles. Not all styles fit all people. You are doing a wonderful job and I adore your pieces. The bracelet is fabulous with its twists and turns of wires. Blissful Beading SSD...

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Love the bracelet. There is nothing better than the jingly of a charm bracelet. Well done!

Unknown said...

You´re becoming a real fine jewelry maker Sherry, lovely results, it´s nice to go with the flow and see where your imagination takes you! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Vicky said...

Fabulous pieces Sherry. Glad the course it going so well! You'll be opening a shop on Folksy soon! :)xx

Jester said...

I think I agree! I love the bracelet you made - it's lovely, and I would definitely wear it. Don't think I would wear the necklace, but in the end it all comes down to personal taste, so someone will love it!

JansArtyJunk said...

Wonderful creative jewellery pieces Sherry...just lurve your jingly jangly bracelet...sounds like you are having a fab time at these classes :)