Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

Shamballa and Skeletons!


At this week's jewellery making class we made a
 rather grand looking necklace.


The 'U' shaped links were created with 
0.8 gauge wire shaped by bending the wire
around a little bead container.
The ends of each 'U' were then curled around,
beads threaded on, then the other end of the 'U' curled.
These curls were then used to attach the 'U' to the 'U' above.  
Each of the 'U's in a row were attached with jump rings.
The main lesson learned was measure each link
accurately and try to bend all the 'U's the same
because although the finished article looks fine,
when it's lifted up it doesn't lay flat -
 so when wearing it, I become a Tarzan impersonator -
keep patting my chest to flatten the 'U's - lol!

As the lessons are held in a bead shop I've
been getting into the habit of buying a few things at
the end of each lesson (as you do!!)
Last week I bought a kit to make a Shaballa bracelet.


Once I'd worked out how to do the knots, these
were an absolute breeze to make.
This week I bought some little skull beads and 
made a bracelet for my niece and nephew for Halloween.


Whilst knotting the thread around one of the skulls,
I thought I could make a complete skeleton ....


I only did a few knots as you can see, but added a 
few additional glass beads.
I'm not normally a fan of skeletons or Halloween things,
but I do think he looks rather cute!


Wonder what I'll buy next week!

14 comments:

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Looking good!
Victoria xx

Createology said...

Buy supplies before, during and after class...ME? Of course I do and that is why shops offer classes. :o)
Your necklace is quite intriguing and lovely SSD. As for the bracelets and skeletons...perfect. Your little impromptu skeleton is precious! You are really adding to your skills my dear. Falling into Autumn Bliss...

FeltByRae said...

Such a pretty necklace and I love your skeleton - very funky... my nephews would love him!

Unknown said...

Fabulous creations Sherry and I particularly love your skeleton, really super cool!! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Deborah said...

Those skellies would look wonderful hanging from a halloween tree (black Christmas tree). Bet your niece and nephew love them!

Healing Woman said...

These are just amazing Sherry. Love that cute little skeleton. You are learning so much in such a short time.

Terry said...

Now how fun is this?? Love these, but that little skeleton is over the top fabulous!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I love the necklace Sherry and the skully bracelets. I bought some of the skull beads at the bead show...now where did I put them???

Mrs A. said...

Your little skeleton has to be the best piece yet. Love the way he is dancing. Hugs Mrs A.

Lesley said...

Hi Sherry, so happy to see you trying your hand at beading. Always refreshing to learn something new. Love that little skeleton in his pose in the last pic. Those bracelets are cool.
Take care and hope this finds you well.
Lesley from across the pond.

Jester said...

Oh wow, Sherry! You have been busy. Your necklace is stunning. It's so delicate. I really like your bracelets too. Your niece and nephew will love them, to say nothing of the skeleton - he definitely is cute!

Vicky said...

Oh my Sherry, I can see you've really taken to jewellery making - lovely stuff! :)xx

Jester said...

Hi Sherry, I bought the faces stencil at the Big Stamp & Scrapbooking show in London. I hadn't seen it anywhere else. Unfortunately, I can't remember the stall I bought it from. Other stencils I've bought at various shops around the UK. You could, however, try 'Art from the Heart''Artful Splodger' or Artist Trading Post'. They all have them in their online shops. If stencils doesn't bring anything up, try masks or a brand name e.g. Crafters Workshop. Good luck. Hope you find what you want. J x

JansArtyJunk said...

Fabby creations Sherry...How cool is that dancing skelly and the cute halloween bracelets!! :)