Here are my latest paper dolls -
five sisters called
Honey, Bluebell, Holly, Fuchsia & Marigold.
They are Sewing Fairies.
I made one of these dolls a couple of years back
for a swap
and once I'd worked out how I made her
(thank goodness I put a lot of detail in my original
blog post) thought I'd have a go at making some more.
The 'core' of each doll is an old clothing tag.
I had to peel the first (shiny) layer off in order for
the Distress Stain to absorb into it.
I rubber stamped the dolls body onto card
and machined stitched it to the tag.
The stamp was from a set called
'Paperdoll Parts' from Character Constructions
by Catherine Moore.
There is some random rubber stamping on the back.
I replicated the form skirt with some wire.
This was a bit tricky but I like the finished result.
The 'feet' are two card bobbins stuck together,
covered with dressmaking tissue and Mod Podged
over - then machined stitched onto the body.
For the hair I used hand dyed (not by me)
mohair fleece. I love the natural waves in it.
As usual, the faces are moulded from air dried clay.
The wings I cut from a piece of cotton fabric and
Mod Podged on some dressmaking pattern tissue.
I finished them off with some zigzag machine
stitching around the edge.
This green doll, Holly is my favourite
and she'll be adorning my wall above my sewing machine.
The other four I've put into my
Thanks for looking :)