Pages

Thursday 29 January 2015

Butterfly Challenge


I'm entering this card in the lovely Mrs A's
where the current theme is
 'Butterflies and V is for Valentine'.

The jar was cut from a Sizzix Bigz die
imaginatively named 'jar'.
I cut it from vellum which had butterflies printed on it.
Around the jar I wrapped some more
vellum, lace and ribbon and added a small
tag stamped 'with love' - for the Valentine theme.

Under the jar is a heart shaped doily
(trimmed to fit the card)
which I coloured with 'Victorian Velvet' Distress Ink.

Short and sweet!

Thanks for looking :)


4 comments:

Liz said...

A lovely card. Those little butterflies look like they are having a good time fluttering around inside the jar. The addition of ribbon and lace is perfect for a Valentine card. Liz - Butterfly Challenge #23, Guest Designer. xx

Mrs A. said...

But not short on the Wow factor. Love those butterflies inside the jar and of course the colour is just so perfect being pink. (I love pink and guess what I'm wearing pink from head to toe today. Thankyou for fluttering by #23. I'm off to a Lavina Spring Scenes day tomorrow so early bed tonight as I have to be at the station for 8am. (Strewth! How did we ever manage to go to work at that unearthly time 5 days a week.) Hugs Mrs A.

Jester said...

It's lovely, Sherry. I love all those different ribbons. Jx

Deborah said...

Don't think of you as pink and girly, Sherry, but it's lovely.