I've neglected my blog for three months,
and then I make two postings in one day -
think I'll need a lie down after this :)
My sister-in-law asked if I could make a new bag for
her grandson's game of Rummikub.
I decided to recycle some old fabric
There's not a lot left now of my old jeans!
For the lining I used some Laura Ashley fabric which had
previously been covering an ottoman in our bedroom.
I rubber stamped the name of the game on a
piece of Aida fabric
(the wonky-ness was intentional this time - honest!)
I stitched it onto the front of the bag
with some co-ordinating ribbon.
Once it was made up, this is what the inside looked like
... and the outside
It's rather heavy duty compared to the original bag
and I fear that it won't fit into the game box, but
it should last for a while.
I followed a very clear tutorial on Pintrest for the
pattern of this drawstring bag which may be found
As always, thanks for looking :)