Pages

Thursday 5 February 2009

More MAMMA challenges





Here are the three ATCs I made for the last three MAMMA challenges.

Theme: Birds - I decided to use the plain old pigeon and sit him on the steps of St Pauls Catherdral in London. I used a background print of St Pauls and overlaid some of the words of the song 'Feed The Birds' from the film Mary Poppins (one of my all time faves!) by packing tape transfer method. The old pigeon has been printed, cut out and glossy accented .... wonder if he got any food!

Theme: Triptych (the Cambridge dictionary defintion is "a piece of art made of three paintings connected to each other in a way that allows the two outer ones to fold in towards the larger central one" - saves me the trouble of trying to explain what one is! I called this one 'Wartime Waifs' and used some old corrugated cardboard which I tore random parts away from to create a distress look. On the central inside panel I also cut out a recess square which I was going to place a picture in, but that didn't work. I coloured the whole thing with some acrylic paint and distress inks and also used some distress embossing powder which gave a nice, rusty, aged effect. I attached some pictures of wartime children and added a couple of tags (again distressed by creasing and inking)with string.

Theme: Zettiology If you don't know what this is (and I didn't until recently it's... well... weird! There is a group on Flickr dedicated to this which may explain all. So my ATC which I've called 'Dressed To Impress' is my weird, but pretty zetti creation. It started off with a stripey heart shaped piece of handmade paper which I tweaked a bit with the scissors to create a curvy shape, then I decorated the base card with a lot of stripes and wavey shapes using some Sharpie pens. I stuck on the heart, painted a face and neck and drew in the facial details with the pens again (highlighted with bit of Stickles). The final touch with a hat (which was part of the heart I cut off from the body). Zetti is not really my thing, but I did enjoy making this one nonetheless.

3 comments:

Bel said...

Hi Sherry what a great mix of art, your zetti atc is such fun love her boobies lol. Belinda

Maureen said...

Love all those, especially that pigeon!!!

WendyK said...

They are all lovely Sherry, I knew we woould get you to do Zetti one day