Pages

Thursday 25 March 2010

Row Houses Swap

These are my ten little houses for the swap taking place over on Paper Digital Art and Images by Kim.  The theme was 'in a colorful neighborhood' - or as we'd write here in the UK 'in a colourful neighbourhood', and we'd call them terraced houses not row houses - but I love the differences.


Kim provided us with the sturdy little house blanks which measure 2 inches wide by 3 inches high - so they are quite small - her brief said 'this is the chance to create in vibrant colors.  Just in time for spring, lets have lots of bright yellow, lime green, neon orange, hot pink, firetruck red and blue sky!'


I used a variety of different things to create my houses, rubber stamps, inks, acrylic paints, ultra thick embossing powder, rafia, tissue paper, Brusho paints, beads, charms etc - so I think it's safe to call them multi media.

My favourites of the row are the ones below.  I love the little dolls in the Pink and Hawaiin houses which are stamped images from a Hero Arts clear stamp sheet called World Dolls.  The quirky looking house with the pink door is again a (slightly adapted) rubber stamp from PaperArtsy Squiggly Mini series.


I just need to get them packaged up now and sent off to Kim in Canada and wait to see what lovely ones I get in return!

The last row houses swap I did were inchie ones and you can see mine hereI have only recently received my swaps back and here they are in all their glory!


I just need to find a good way of displaying them all - they are far too lovely to hide away somewhere.

5 comments:

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Sherry, they are awesome! Fab job!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I love your houses, Sherry; did you make some extras for yourself too?

Poldark-Finland said...

These are great houses ! I´d like to live in one of those ;o)

Gez Butterworth said...

Super houses Sherry. What a lovely swap.
I was in a house swap & mounted them all on a canvas.
Yours are definately too nice to hide away.xx

WendyK said...

These are lovely Sherry, fab colours. My bag of bits has only just arrived, so will try and get them done