This is a challenge set by
who have now added to their beautiful ribbon ranges, buttons!
As I was one of the first fifteen people to email in response to their
'Button it' challenge, they sent me the above button box in the
colour range of my choice - which was 'Autumn Leaves'.
All they asked was that I make and send to them
two projects using the buttons.
I made two wall hangings.
Mountboard base covered with part of an old dressmaking pattern cover
(aged with Distress Inks, metallic rub on paste and gold mica spray).
The dress form and cotton reels are die cut from mountboard using Tim Holtz/Sizzix ''Sewing Room" Bigz die. This time I padded the body
part of the form with wadding and covered with fabric.
I used Walnut Stain ink to colour the base of the form and made it
shine with Glossy Accents to give a polished wood look.
The buttons were stitched to a ribbon sash and draped over the form.
The wings were part of an old dressmaking pattern adhered to fabric
with Mod Podge and machine stitched around the edges.
The little sign is rubber stamped (from the 'Vintage Sewing' set by Sam Poole/Creative Expressions) onto card and edged around with
brown promarkers to look like a frame.
This one is entirely made from assorted fabric and ribbon scraps.
The main image is a rubber stamp from
PaperArtsy (Dolls Plate 1).
I used the following colours of Distress Ink
to colour the main background and the wide ribbon at the top.
Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Forest Moss.
The ric rac hanger was white and coloured with the Spice Marmalade
and a little of Fired Brick Ink.
For 'Button Queen' I used a small alphabet set (a cheap one
from Hobbycraft) to make the words, stamped them onto fabric,
cut out and machined stitched them on.
Oh, and there's a few buttons here and there too!
Thanks for looking and I hope you're having a
Happy Easter xx