Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Collaged Postcard


The current theme on the Flickr Art 'n' Soul challenge group
is to make a collaged postcard from any material but it must have on it somewhere something metal.

Last week I found an unusual postcard in a charity shop,
a wooden one!

Front

Back

The background is a combination of acrylic paint and Distress crackle paint.
The word 'wish' is a rub on and the floral flourish a rubber stamp.
I added a bit of old text top and bottom
and edged with some metallic rub on paste.
I finished it off with a shabby bow with the metal flower in the centre.

Here's the back


I've never attempted one of these collaged postcards before
and am pleased with how it turned out.

It measures three and half inches by five and half so it's slightly smaller than the challenge calls for.
 Maybe I'll be keeping it after all!

12 comments:

Healing Woman said...

It definitely would be hard to part with the adorable little wooden post card that you created. Wow.

Meggymay said...

What a great find Sherry, think I would want to hang on to it as well, its gorgeous. xx

Netty said...

Yes keep it keep it.... Gorgeous postcard and such a terrific find, never seen a wooden one before. Annette x

Luna Art said...

So beautiful, love the purple crackle paint effect. Never seen a wooden postcard before...don't think i'd let it go!! x

Unknown said...

Wow, they're both such wonderful creations Sherry! That wooden postcard is really special, but I love your wish fairy, too, nice with the craquelure! Hugs, Ira

Jan said...

Ooh dear.... I hope you dont decide to keep it because I NEED to be your swap partner! What an unusual find..... never seen anything like that before. You've done wonders with it too. xx

Sarah said...

What a fabulous find. Love your finnished postcard, not thought about mine yet x

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful postcards Sherry. I've been playing with purple crackle paint this week! Hope you are well. It's seems way too long since I last called..off to catch up with your wonderful creations. Hope you have a lovely Easter.xx

johanna said...

the front side of the card totally reminds me of the book "where the wild things are", one of my favorite books...
great alteration you made with your wonderful find!

Gini said...

An amazing find Sherry, I have never seen a wooden postcard before or even dreamed there might be such a thing!
I think you must keep this one as you've made it just too lovely to let it out of your house!
Glad your back is a bit better now, so is mine, the chiropractor is obviously helping but the short regular walks are also making a difference plus the stretching exercises she's given me.
More gorgeous sun today for us :-)
Gini
xx

SusanLotus said...

I love the card you made for Art´n Soul challenge!

Deborah said...

A beautiful card, Sherry. hard to believe it's your first.