Tim's tag for March is above -
click on the picture to go to his blog and
see in detail how he did it.
Here's the tag I created.
As I didn't have any of the stamps Tim used,
instead of a Spring theme, I chose sewing.
(The stamps are from PaperArtsy - HP1216 and
Creative Expressions - Vintage Sewing)
This month it was about getting smudgy with
the stamping - something I usually avoid at all costs!
The effect was very subtle though and just
created a softening around the edges.
I must admit I had to discard my first attempt
at a tag as I made a mess of spritzing
technique with the distress markers.
I bought the little tool but found it quite
hard to get working - and when I did, found
that the stencil I used didn't give a nice effect.
When I tried again on this tag, I still wasn't
happy but luckily could cover it with some of
the tissue tape as shown below.
The colours of Distress Ink I used were
Seedless Preserve, Peeled Paint,
Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone and Black Soot.
I didn't intend the Seedles Preserve (purple) to
be quite a dominant as it turned out to be -
I was a bit heavy handed with the blending tool!
I didn't have any of Tim's new coloured jute string,
but did have some garden string in just the right
colour for my tag.
So, it didn't go completely to plan, but I like it!
Looking forward to next month's tag already!
Thanks for looking :)