Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Christmas Charms

I altered some childrens' wooden dominos into Christmas charms.

1.  Using some kitchen roll paper and Brusho powders I made the backgrounds for the charms and adhered them to the dominos with Liquitex matte medium. First painting the dominos white to cover the colourful animal pictures.
2.  I printed out some images from art-e-zine.  I chose images of two vintage children both of whom are wearing cute costumes with pointy hats to celebrate the season.  I decorated both sides of the dominos so there is one image on each side, again adhered with Liquitex.

3.  Once dry, I coated each side with UTEE using the melting pot, and needed to smooth out some of them, so finished off with the heat gun.  I sprinkled a bit of gold glitter here and there. 

4.  They were finished off with some little bells at the bottom and ribbon at the top.


I'm hoping to send the charms off to Canada, but I haven't yet received back charms for the previous (romance themed) swap I joined - so fingers crossed they will arrive soon.

7 comments:

Genie said...

They are beautiful Sherry,
must have a go thanks for sharing.
have a great weekend

Viv said...

These are lovely Sherry..... am determined to master charm making..... as well as everything else! LOL

Nicks said...

they are beautiful, I'm sure the recipients will treasure these for years to come

Jan said...

Just brilliant Sherry. They are so bright and... well...Christmassy!!!
And you are so generous to share the technique and to provide a tutorial. Thank you xx

Trudy said...

lovely sherry is group sounds like fun.
and you are a sweetie to share the technique .xx

My name is Cindy said...

Sherry these are beautiful!! I made something similar last year so might have another go having seen these.

nancy said...

I really love these. You do such beautiful work!