Pages

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Altered Dominos & Stampotique Rubber Stamps


I got some lovely (if you can call them that!) rubber stamps for Christmas from Stampotique - strange and weird may be a better description, but I still think they're adorable.

I had the opportunity to try them out today when I altered some dominos into little magnets.



As the rubber stamps are quite large, only the head and shoulders are on the dominos.

The orangey coloured one is my favourite and that happens to be the first one I did.  I stuck some old book text onto the domino with gel medium (the text had been inked first with colour).  Then rubber stamped the images over the top.  I tried to lighten the colour of the faces with ProMarker pens, but I think the background colour was a little too strong.

 

I tried some white acrylic paint on a couple of them - the pink one is fine but I'm not sure about the purpley one!  Maybe she's having a beauty treatment - face pack or something similar!
For the final two, I used some scraps of paper kitchen roll which I'd previously coloured with Brusho paints.  They looked a little plain compared to the others, but once they had a spray of Krylon Crystal Clear over them, they really came to life (now that's a really scary thought!)



The next time I use these stamps, I'll try to use the whole of the images as they're too whacky not to!

17 comments:

John Dyhouse said...

Inspiring post, also commented on Flickr

Jan said...

Oh I just love these Sherry! I used some of them when I went to the Stamp Attic workshop with Maureen at the end of last year and bought myself some at the time. I haven't had a chance to use them yet with Christmas being in between but I cant wait to get going on them. I like what you've done with the dominoes.. As you say, the stamps themselves are quite large so to be able to use part of them is quite a bonus. I look forward to seeing what else you do with them!
Happy New year to you and yours xxx

Pattie said...

Well these are certainly different ! I loveeeee the last two,my granddaughter would love these (shes 19 likes gothic art lol) will have to remember to get a couple for her birthday card in June......as i wasnt lucky enough to get crafty goodies for Xmas other than some charms,i just bought some Grungboard,crackle glaze and some hinges lol.
Happy New Year Sherry !

Clare with paint in her hair said...

they look great

Gez Butterworth said...

Sherry your dominoes look fantastic. I been after one of those stamps for weeks now! The last two are my favourites. Well Done, looks like you've had fun today. Gez.xx

Genie said...

Love them Sherry.

Viv said...

I love these Sherry.... so does that make me weird too???? (No comments please!!! LOL)

Sian said...

I LOVE your magnets, and I think I need those stamps!

Deborah said...

Lots of stampotique stamps! I am so envious, I only have one. Love how you have used them. Can't wait to see what you do with whole image.

Nicks said...

I just love these stamps, keep thinking about treating myself but finances wont allow, Now I have seen what you have done with them I want one even more!! Will add to my 2010 wish list LOL

Ange J Lee said...

Ohhhh I love these stamps...got a couple of them myself and I think they're great for domino work. You don't have to be too fussy about perfect artwork because messy suits the grungey look image...well that's my excuse anyways!
Great work sherry...as always!
Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!
Ange x

WendyK said...

Fabulous Sherry, I haven't used mine yet, but they look great on the dominoes. Love the grungy look.

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

Those stamps are awesome! The dominoes are great!

BrendaLea

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Oooh, I love these! I have to confess to being drawn to art that is just a tiny bit "off". These are perfect!!

Anonymous said...

What a clever way to use your stamps!
I like this effect very much

Lisa said...

Sherry - these are so fun! I just entered your giveaway for OWOH...and had to check out how you made them. Thanks for participating. Cheers from the mountain mermaid in sunny Colorado.

Vintage Gran said...

Had to check out how you made them. Such artistic, creative, and inspiring people I am meeting. Paper is always good. I'm a paper person. Please include me.

jatg207@gmail.com