Pages

Saturday 23 January 2010

Valentine Heart



I made this heart for the Flickr group 'Hugz from the Heart'.  The group is run by Viv (aka bowling belle) who provided a template for us to use.  She said 'You may make your heart out of anything you wish and decorate however you wish'.

I started off with a card base and machine stitched to it a thin layer of wadding, the main background fabric and the lace.  As I did it freehand and quickly the lace puckered up and the finished shape was rather wonky!  The little heart in the centre is stuffed and hand stitched onto the main fabric - again this also puckered up a little making it a funny shape.  The hanger is narrow ribbon stitched on with two tiny heart shaped buttons.

For obvious reasons then, I'll call this 'My Funny Heart' or maybe it should be 'Pucker Up'!  It's not perfect, but I think it has a quirky look about it. Hope whoever gets it will like it anyway.

5 comments:

Viv said...

I love it! It's more special cos it's not perfect... (I don't do perfect!!!) - beautiful work Sherry!

Unknown said...

Its gorgeous sherry - love all your art work which is always so unique :0) Im especially loving those fabby Garden Goddesses and must have a go myself :0)

Deborah said...

Pucker Up is a brilliant name LOL And I think it gives it a special charm.

Lorraine said...

what a beautiful heart

Anonymous said...

Lovely!