Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Garden Goddess Art Doll



The current challenge on the Flickr Art 'n' Soul group is to make a 'Garden Goddess' using the template by The Enchanted Gallery and to use some embossing on it (either powder or metal).

Here is 'Fern' the Autumn Goddess.
I cut the shape from mountboard, covered it with some Decopatch paper and free hand scribbled some lines to emboss - I didn't want to cover too much of the paper up as it has lovely autumn leaves and ferns on. I glued on a few buttons near the bottom (after removing their shanks) to make the cute little plant pot and flowers.
 

The hair is part of a tassel and it's just the right colour I think. 
The heart shaped sign is actually a button which I've rubbed a little gold metallic cream onto to tone down.   The wording says 'How does your garden grow?'  Quite appropriate for this garden Goddess.
 
Autumn is my favourite season and I really like this doll and can just picture her in a pot plant - or hanging up in my dining room - maybe I'll forget to enter her into the challenge!!  As she was so quick and easy to do though I think I'll make another to keep for myself.

9 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Oh she is cute - and love the little plant pot!! I showed my mum my geisha doll yesterday and she went nuts for dolls so I printed her out some templates - but first we had to browse through your flickr gallery as I told her you are the master!! She loved them all so you have yet another fan lol.

Gez Butterworth said...

Stunning doll Sherry. I love that you didn't cover too much of the paper. It's perfect for her. Her hair looks incredible. You must be delighted with her. She truly is a treasure. Well Done. She looks lots of fun to make.xx

Cindy Is Crafty said...

3 Words, Sherry...

Fab

U

Lous!

Viv said...

Face Queen - you've excelled yourself!!! She is a stunner and I love her loads..........

WendyK said...

Fantastic Sherry, as usual. She's gorgeous.

Maureen said...

What you do really well Sherry and her face is beautiful!!

Betzie said...

Gorgeous! Love your dolls...so creative!

Lorri said...

Oh, I love your art goddess. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and especially for your sweet comments. I look forward to seeing more from you and having you visit me again xo

Unknown said...

she is truly beautiful x