It's October and I'm still playing 'Dress Up' with Margaret over on her blog Alice and Camilla. Only two months left then it's all over, how sad will that be!
I thought I'd design my dress this month with an Autumnal feel to it.
I started off with a black card base
Covered the front of it with silver self adhesive tape (the type electricans use I believe) and embossed it using one of the Ten Second Studio moulds.
I probably should have embossed the tape first and then stuck it onto the card, but forgot about that and embossed it once it was stuck down, so have a lightly embossed finish instead.
I then coloured the embossed dress with alcohol inks - Ginger, Terracotta, Raisin and Gold Mixative.
For the top of the dress, I used part of a necklace I bought in a Charity shop some time ago - I liked the little leaves! I dabbed the alcohol ink applicator over the leaves roughly, so some have the same colour as the rest of the dress.
The chain is attached to the shoulders of the dress by copper coloured brads.
Here's a close up of what it looks like underneath
The vest part I coloured with some metallic rub on paste.
The weight of the leaves is a little too heavy for the card dress so I think I'll have to re-inforce it at the shoulders for better support.
I can just imagine doing a little shimmying dance in it and hearing all the leaves move about - they make a lovely sound! LOL
Thanks for looking - 10 down, 2 to go!