Pages

Friday 22 October 2010

Metal Flowers Birthday Card


This one is for my husband whose birthday is next week.  Although it has flowers on, they're made from thin metal (Ten Seconds Studio) so it's made them into masculine flowers - LOL.  He's a keen gardener (when he's not at work, or glued to the computer spending his hard earned dosh on ebay - still as I always tell him you earn it, I burn it oops, you burn it!) so I know he'll appreciate it.

I used the flowers and leaves stamps from this PaperArtsy set (HP1004)


Using Timber Brown StazOn ink (because my black had all dried up!) I rubber stamped the two flower shapes onto metal and once dry snipped between the petals and manipulated them to look a bit like flowers.  I say a bit because I was quite pleased with them until I looked at the sample I had from LB Crafts which has an amazing flower on - still, for a first attempt I'm still quite pleased.  I glued metal buttons in the centre and added a few sprinkly bits.

The leaves I stamped onto book text and spritzed with a mica spray - it doesn't show up in the photograph.

For the background, as you can see I used an old book page - it was so old that I only had to distress two sides of it and it's naturally brown with age around the edges.  I used it for the background as the fact that I tear pages out of perfectly good books is always a source of great consternation to John - heheheh, I'm such a tease!!

Here's a close up of the flowers


The colour hasn't come out right, but you get the idea.

Thanks for looking - I'm off to tear out some more pages now, before John gets in from work!

10 comments:

Nicks said...

gorgeous gorgeous!

Viv said...

Fandabidozeeeeee!!!!

Jan said...

Love it Sherry, so original and those flowers are great.
Happy Birthday to John!

Terry said...

Sherry, your metal flowers are so awesome! Love this and what a wonderful birthday card!

Angela said...

Sherry,
That card is soo pretty...I'm still gonna say 'pretty' even though it is for your husband! It is really awesome. I'm still a newbie and am still having trouble ripping pages out of books! Is that crazy?
Great job.
Angela

Unknown said...

Oh my, your metal flowers are just awesome! They are soooo pretty! TFS, Ira

Carol said...

Sherry, this card is just gorgeous! I love the metal flowers, lovely work :)

Carol x

Gini said...

Oya!
Very very beautiful card for your Husband, he is very lucky.
Very flash and splendid.
Men cards are so hard to do and this one is a triumph!
I got that plate of stamps as part of my loot, I haven't got it out the wrapper yet!
Gini
xx

dandelionlady said...

You have a lovely blog and I adore your metal flowers! Very masculine. :) Thanks for dropping by and visiting!

Dianne said...

These are so gorgeous Sherry! I bet John will (or loved) the card.