Well to be precise, I've made 16 boobs in total
because once I started I couldn't stop!
Why you may ask?
There's a lovely lady from Norway called
Nina Lise or to use her blog name
She has another blog dedicated to her project about breast cancer
whereby she invites us simply to
The aim is to make 1000 boobs by the end of May.
Plain boobs will be used in workshops and decorated
by people with breast cancer.
Decorated ones will be used as inspiration at workshops and stitched into Make a Boob quilt(s) which will eventually be donated.
All the details are on the
blog together with specific and easy to follow
instructions on how to make them.
I really enjoyed making these and decided to stick to
a (patriotic!) red white and blue colour scheme.
All the blue fabric is cut from a pair of my old jeans
(old, but washed and ironed of course!)
For the two above I stamped images (of the house and dress form)
onto the fabric using Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Creative Layers Foam Stamps. I cut the images out and machine stitched them onto
the background circle of fabric.
For these two, I cut the denim fabric using Tim Holtz
Alterations dies (Tattered Florals and Caged Bird).
The red fabric was quite flimsy and moved around while I was
sewing it, so the circles are a little mis-shapen
(well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
If you fancy making a few yourself,
hop over to the Make a Boob blog
really all you need is a CD (to cut around)
some fabric and wadding
all the instructions can be found
It's fun, addictive and for a great cause too!
Thanks for looking!