Pages

Saturday 22 December 2012

Advent Presents .... and there's more!


I'm enjoying opening a present everyday from
my partner for the Advent swap.
 
The photo above shows presents from days 16 to 20,
a photo frame, some Christmas snowflakes, a diary, some
craft papers (in one of my favourite colours) and a
delightful crocheted flower brooch.
 
Days 21 to 22 are below
 
 
Are these gorgeous, or are these gorgeous!
A veritable bouquet of crocheted flowers
and a trio of hearts - I have a last discovered
why the box of presents smelled of lavender - the
red and white heart is filled with it and I love lavender!
 
Thanks again Victoria x
 
Here now are some of the presents I made for Victoria.
 
 
Four blank birthday cards using Laura Ashley papers
for the background and Tim Holtz/Alterations
'Sewing Room' dress maker's die.
 
Here's the inside
 
 
Next is a jar of 'pretty pink and green things'
(Victoria's favourite colours)
 
I decopatched the lid of the jar and  attached
some pink ribbon around it.
 
 
Finally, another Post-It Note holder
(I previously made a more modern one, but this is in a
vintage style)


Using a base fabric, I machine stitched a collage of various scraps 
together. I transferred the image to fabric using the technique
 as described by Leandra on the Paperartsy's blog.
The little rectangle is metal and embossed with
 a Vintaj DecoEmboss by Sizzix. 
There is a small crocheted flower on there too.
Once it was complete, I attached it to the mountboard cover
with Pinflair Bookbinding Glue.
 
Just three more days to go!!

Thanks for looking :)

8 comments:

Meggymay said...

Wonderful projects Sherry. Bet you enjoy opening those gifts.
Happy Christmas to you all and a good New Year.
Yvonne x

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Sherry, you are both very lucky girls. What awesome gifties!

Createology said...

Your swapped gifts are wonderful. I love it when each of you personalize for each other. Lovely. Holiday Blessings SSD...Peace and Joy all of 2013.

Mrs A. said...

Another selection of lovelies. I think we are all going to be having withdrawal symptoms when this swap finishes. Hugs Mrs A.

Unknown said...

Oh how lovely to participate in so many fun swaps Sherry, you've spoilt each other with those fabulous crafting items! Merry Christmas my friend, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Ashley cramp said...

Hello!
....what a lovely advent swap! so glad you like the flowers I crocheted!! the lovely Victoria won these in my giveaway and I am sooo glad they were put to good use....Victoria is a very talented and lovely lady,
Bestest to you and yours
Merry Merry xmas too
daisy J x

Jester said...

Yes, those hearts are gorgeous!
Your birthday cards are beautiful, Sherry, and the jar is so sweet. Your vintage Post-It Note holder, also, is fabulous. Lucky Victoria!

SusanLotus said...

Your cards and the Artdoll above is sooo lovely! Those Laura Ashley papers are very beautiful and classy.

Have a nice week!
Susan