Pages

Monday 24 December 2012

Jane Austen paper Doll


I made this doll for Victoria, my swap partner
for the Advent Swap I participated in.

One of Victoria's likes is Jane Austen so I Googled
some images and her blue dress seems to feature a lot!


I copied it the best I could (oops, should have
ironed it by the looks of it, I'm sure Jane Austen's
dress would have been perfectly pressed and pristine)


Her face is moulded from air dry clay -
 the hair is some sort of dyed wool - 
I can't give more details as I can't get to my cupboard 
where my supply of it is kept at the moment as there's 
Christmas presents blocking the door!


Oooh-la-la - moving swiftly on!


I also made an ATC to accompany the doll,
see, there's that blue dress again - lol.

This is the last of the Advent presents I made for Victoria,
but it's been a lovely swap and I've felt like a little girl
again opening up a present every day
(and of course, there's still one to go!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to take this opportunity of wishing everyone
a very 

Merry Christmas 
and a  
Happy and Healthy
New Year
  
and to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart 
who takes the time to read my blog
and leave me comments, I really appreciate each and every
one of them.

Enjoy your celebrations and hope to see you
here again next year (if not before!)

Cheers
 xxxxxxxxx  

 

21 comments:

Createology said...

Lovely Jane Austen doll you have created. I still love playing with paper dolls and so does my sister. Merry Christmas Blessings with Peace and Joy all through 2013 SSD...

Viv said...

Fab as ever Shjerry - love your faces.. not YOUR faces - the doll's faces!!! LOL Merry Christmas!

Hane said...

What a lovely Emma doll ! I´ve always loved Jane Austen´s books ! Merry Christmas to you too !

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

She is adorable proper, just waiting modestly around for mr Knightly. While I haven't really read many Austen books, I do love the tv series and movies made from them.
Happy holidays - again:)

Tangled Sweetpea said...

I love her Sherry! Hope you have a magical Christmas!
Victoria xx

Mrs A. said...

She really is gorgeous with her pretty blue dress . Ironed or not! Happy Christmas to you . Have loads of fun with those cheeky kitty's. hugs Mrs A.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Sherry, she is lovely! I bet Victoria was thrilled. It has been fun knowing you and reading your blog. :O)

Introverted Art said...

I love her Sherry. I used to love paper dolls when I was little. Me and my best friend played with them for hours, changing clothes or drawing our own designs for them. So much fun.

Алексровер Анна said...

Мои поздравления с Рождеством и Новым годом! Пусть сбудутся все мечты!!!
Как всегда, прекрасная работа!!!

Healing Woman said...

Loving paper art dolls the way I do, I just had to open your blog when I saw her on the right of my screen. I was not disappointed. She's amazing. Love the curls, the face, the dress and especially the lace stockinged legs..you did it again!

My name is Cindy said...

Lovely doll! It's a Jane Austen annivesary next year I believe, poss P & P. Hope you had a good Christmas, I have a little something for you on my blog!! Cindy

Unknown said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Boxing Day Sherry! Your Jane Austen doll is really awesome, but then again you always make the finest of dolls! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

JansArtyJunk said...

Your Jane Austen doll is amazing Sherry...love your dolls and your attention to details...Hope you had a fantastic Christmas time my friend...and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations in 2013!! x

Jenny said...

Oh Sherry... your Jane Austen doll is beautiful... I love her little face... and your ATC is gorgeous... what wonderful gifts...

Jenny ♥

Jester said...

I hope you had a good Christmas, Sherry.
I love your Jane Austen doll, and ATC. The blue dress looks lovely and I really like her hair!
Best wishes for 2013. Jx

Introverted Art said...

Stopped by to wish you a Happy New Year!

Luna Art said...

so Fab!! Always love your dolls and this one is great!!!
Hoping you had a great Christmas and wishing you a happy New Year! x

Vicky said...

Absolutely fabulous as are all your makes Sherry.
Here's wishing you and yours a happy 2013, let's hope it's a good one... :)xxx

Terry said...

She is gorgeous and will be treasured! Love that face! Happy New Year to you and a belated Merry Christmas!

Jester said...

Happy New Year, Sherry.
Thanks for popping by. Jx

Clare said...

Stunning! The face is just winderful.