Pages

Thursday 3 December 2009

Girl With A Heart - Paper Doll



This one is a bit different from my usual dolls as I've made her clothes (the sleeves and the skirt) with old book text coloured, then rubber stamped with ink.  I thought the book text was applicable as she's gone to Cindy to wish her a happy birthday and Cindy does like her books methinks!  The wings are a sandwich of acetate and tissue paper made in the same way as I did some Christmas baubles - well actually I made them from the leftovers of the baubles - waste not, want not - and they sort of determined the whole colour scheme.



The heart she is holding is made from metal and is left over from some Christmas ATCs I made recently - oh no, I don't throw anything away!

Anyway, I know that Cindy now has the doll so here she is!

I'd just like to take the opportunity of thanking those of you who leave some lovely comments here (and on Flickr) on my little creations - it means so much!  Thank you!!
 

4 comments:

Viv said...

Oooo Lucky Cindy! She's beautiful Sherry.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I saw Cindy and got excited them saw it wasn't me! :o( LOL! She is a beauty Sherry!

Pattie said...

Beautiful Sherry you always do lovely dolls,love her face too

WendyK said...

Beautiful, you are so good at these