Pages

Friday 18 June 2010

Compendium of Curiosities - Challenge No. 1 - Water Stamping



If like me you bought Tim Holtz latest book 'A Compendium of Curiosities' as soon as it became available, but haven't yet explored it thoroughly, this new challenge is ideal!  You can find it on Linda Ledbetter's blog Studio L3.

The first challenge is Water Stamping.  Following Tim's tutorial on page 35 of the book I created some toppers for a greeting card as shown above.

I haven't got any Distress Embossing ink, so used some ordinary Versamark embossing ink instead.  I also stamped the image onto some water colour paper.  The technique is applied to the background of my card, and I overstamped another image with black ink.  I wanted to do more to the card, but forced myself to keep to the one technique. 


I made another background using the same technique, but haven't decided what to do with it yet!


I wonder what the next challenge will be! 

12 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Sherry, it's stunning! I love your color choices-- blue and purple is my favorite of all. Your water stamping looks professional!

I can't wait to see what you do with that second background!

Thanks so much for joining the Challenge. :-)

Hugs,
Linda

Meggymay said...

Its a super card Sherry, must get my book out as well.

Lynn Stevens said...

its gorgeous, I wish I would have overstamped on mine!
Not sure what the next one is but hopefully a bit easier! LOL

Sandi M said...

This is gorgeous! I am going to try overstamping the next time I do a water stamp - love the look!

Mrs A. said...

Not sure how you have done what you have done, but am loving the look.
Colours are stunning together.

Debs said...

Utterly gorgeous! I always feel inspired when I pop over to your blog Sherry. Please take a peek on mine when you get a chance - I've nominated you for an award!
Debs x

CAROL said...

This is just fabulous Sherry and what gorgeous colours. xx

Unknown said...

Oh I do like yr technique here it worked very well didn't it? I am so pleased you decided to follow and I hope yr still enjoying stopping by hope to see you again soon

Love Dawn xx

Ange J Lee said...

BRILLIANT! I've got the book....still got most of my craft stuff packed away so itching to have a go at the techniques when I'm back on track. Keep up the great work Sherry!

Jen xo said...

just lovely sherry , i have just seen that book , must try and get it..jenxo

Viv said...

Great work Sherry... a technique for me to try in the future I think.....

Electra said...

REALLY well-done! Very elegant!!