Pages

Thursday 3 June 2010

Pretty Pockets Swap



"The idea of the swap is to make a pretty pocket organizer and fill it with things your partner will love..." .... said Jessica on her fantastically named blog Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping!


I loved the sound of this swap especially after having seen some beautiful ones on Jessica's blog so signed up and was lucky enough to be partnered with the very talented Mrs A who also has an interesting titled blog called It's An Alien Life



The brief was to make a pocket organizer with 3 pockets or more and fill it with things our partners would love.  We exchanged lists of our likes and dislikes to help us along.

Among Mrs A's likes were lace and frills, flowers, buttons, shabby chic style and the colour pink so these pretty much dominated my pockets.

She is also a fan of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers so I founds some sheet music which seemed appopriate and made it into the covers of a post in note book made with the Bind-It-All.  I made another
little book also in a vintage style with Mrs A's initial on.





The art doll was made with a shabby chic Gingers Rogers style in mind - I couldn't quite get the hair right and of course it the wrong colour, maybe she's Blondie Rogers!


I was quite pleased with my pockets .... then I received my swap from Mrs A and was blown away by what she'd made for me!



My photo doesn't really do it justice, it's so beautiful and well made and the fabric is divine.  It contained all sorts of loveliness and included these amazing hand crafted items



A little padded box in the same fabric which contained a vintage button hook.  A heart shaped pomander has a glorious floral perfume which was the first thing I noticed when I opened the parcel.

 A tiny pin cushion which looks like a minature cup cake with beautiful intricate stitches - it's adorable!



I did say I was lucky being partnered with Mrs A and you can see why.  There are more photos of the contents on the Pretty Pockets Flickr group along with photos of other participants' pockets. 

Mrs A is now in receipt of my pockets and I'm so pleased she likes them - big sighs of relief all around!



12 comments:

Jessica Rodarte said...

I love what you made and received!

Jan said...

My goodness Sherry... what a fantastic swap! Your pretty pinks were absoloutely spellbinding and it looks like you've received just as beautiful a pocket back from Mrs A. Fabulous work!

Maureen said...

What a great swap Sherry,what you sent was lovely and what you received - perhaps something we ought to think about for the future!!!

Faye said...

I bet she loves that gorgoeus stash! It is so pretty and so are the goodies inside. In fact, I might just take myself over to her house and nick it!! ;)
x

WendyK said...

What a great idea, and the results are gorgeous

Meggymay said...

What a super swap. Gorgeous pockets, I can imagine how thrilled you both were when you opened these goodies.

Deborah said...

Everything is so gorgeous!

Mrs A. said...

How could I not like my pockets and stash from you. The speed in which Doc (aka hubby) hung the pockets up and nabbed a note book for the telephone desk, you would think they had been made for him!!!! I loved being your partner and now find we have family living in the same area too.
Thankyou so much.

Lynn Stevens said...

What a fun swap this must have been. I need to do one of these some day!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Wow Sherry, Your pocket you made was beautiful! It totally caught my eye on the flickr group and I just had to come and visit you!
Also, Ms. A's pockets she sent you was precious too! Ya'll made a cute swap couple :)
I'm off to explore more of your blog, it is so nice meeting you, your art is beautiful!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

WOW, what a fabby swap, Love everything you made for your swap partner! ..and you received some gorgeous goodies too! I would love to have been involved in this swap!!
Jan x

Gini said...

Oh it's good to be back in my crafting spot again! I missed you!
Just love your doll lady she's devine!
Gini
xx