Pages

Thursday 10 June 2010

Mini Dress Up - Pocket ATCs



The Artist Trading Club ... 'Swap Til You Drop' challenge for this month is 'Mini Dress It Up' guested by Margaret who hosts the monthly Dress It Up challenge on her blog Alice and Camilla.  Margaret has a tutorial on her blog where she shows in very easy steps how to make a paper pocket.


To make a pocket ATC you need to start off with a rectangle of paper measuring 13cm x 19.5m, then follow Margaret's paper pocket tutorial above - easy peasy! 

For the ATC pockets I used old music sheets and one old book page (for the green dress).  I inked around the edges with Distress Ink and scalloped the edge of the pocket with Tim Holtz Alterations On the Edge Sizzix die (called Brackets) 

The amber and pink dresses, I rubber stamped onto and for the rest, I covered the card base of the dress with fabric. 


I rubber stamped some mini mannequins onto tissue paper then applied them to the corner of the pockets with Liquitex gel medium (except the green one which I just rubber stamped directly onto).



To finish them off, I machine stitched (roughly!) around the four sides of the ATC.

What a lovely challenge - and a great pocket tutorial from Margaret too!

19 comments:

Deborah said...

Love the shabby distressed look of these, sSherry.

Chriss Rollins said...

FABULOUS,
Thanks for joining us.

please email me to the address on the artist trading card blog and I will tell you what happens next.

chriss x

Jan said...

I just LOVE these Sherry. The shabby chic look is great and it is fantastic that they each have their own little distressed atc holder. Beautiful!

JAN said...

wow Sherry they are so beautiful..i hope i get one of yours..i think the green one is my favourite but they are all so wonderful..ty for visiting and the lovely comments you left me this is my first ever swap with this group..hugs janet

Faye said...

These are just adorable. x

Mrs A. said...

Gosh. Something else for me to learn how to do. Just off to look at the paper pocket tutorial. I just love these ones that you have done. I won the big shot on eBay!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Awesome, Sherry. I love them. I really like what you have been doing lately!

Jen xo said...

they are beautiful Sherry, just love them...

Jona Panesa said...

these are so cute!!!

Meggymay said...

They are all gorgeous.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Hey Sherry! These are so cool!!!! I'm really getting into the dresses! I may have to try these out too! Marva

Maureen said...

These are great Sherry, veery different!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh I'm so glad I stopped over I had totally forgot about the atc swap. Awesome cards too!!!!!!

My Creative House said...

Sherry I love your little dress up ATC's they are gorgeous.
Anni

Unknown said...

Yummy fabic and things lovely frocks

Love Dawn xx

Julia Winkler said...

These are so cute! Too bad we can't buy them off the rack...

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

Lovely dresses favorite dress with bird cage.

Margaret said...

Oh swoon Sherry, these are so gorgeous!! I love them all, especially the lime green!! Those mini stamps are just superb, what a perfect finishing touch. Margaret.

Gini said...

Oh they are all absolutely GORGEOUS!
It's a shame you couldn't keep them all and put them on display together...at my house LOL!

Swoonsville indeed :-)

Gini
xx