Pages

Friday 11 June 2010

Ribbon Hanger


This month over on the Art 'n' Soul Flickr group the challenge is to create a ribbon hanger for your swap partner who will be randomly allocated.

The challenge has been set by Petra who has made some beautiful hangers which you can see over on her blog Kunterbunt Cottage.

My hanger is made from thick card (measuring approx 5 inches square) covered with scrapbook paper.  I punched two one inch holes at the bottom for the ribbons to hang from.


I then pencilled in the girl's face and coloured it with acrylic paint and distress ink.  The hair is part of a wool scarf which has the look of curly hair - and of course, she has two little blue ribbons in her hair.

As my hanger only has two holes, there isn't much scope for hanging too many ribbons - especially if my swap partner has as many as I have - still, you can't have too many ribbons can you!

On the subject of ribbons, there is a lovely blog which I have mentioned before, called Crafty Ribbons and every Friday there is a 'Friday Freebie' - a ribbon giveaway!  All you have to do is go visit and leave a comment.  There are also some great ideas and tutorials over there too.

Have a great weekend!



5 comments:

Jan said...

Sherry... you never cease to amaze me with your creations. This is just stunning. It's so pretty and feminine... her little face is delightful and the whole effect is totally original.

Mrs A. said...

Sherry, She is sooooooh pretty. Her hair is Lovely. Reminds me of Kate Bush!!!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

That is so cute; I love how the ribbon becomes her arms!
Are you doing swaps on a regular basis?

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I love it, Sherry! Awesome job!

Gini said...

She's beautiful, is her hair from your bargain primark scarf?
Gini
xx