Saturday, 5 July 2008

An Altered Alphabet Card

I used some of the old book pages (see post below) for this altered alphabet card which I’m sending to someone as a gift.

The alphabet card is actually quick thick and sturdy (4mm). I coated a layer of matte medium over the card and stuck on pieces of the torn pages. I gave it another coat of the medium over the top. I then painted a light wash of white and burnt sienna over the top, with more of the burnt sienna around the edges. I then glued onto the top of the card a piece of mount board which had began as an ATC. This also was covered with one of the book pages with matte medium. Once dry, I stuck some random pieces of masking tape over the top, then tore them off. I then painted over the top with some watered down acrylic paint - this gives a nice distressed look. The main image is printed and stuck down, as are the numbers along the bottom. Finally, some lace, buttons, ribbon and beads to finish. Oh, and not forgetting the ‘crystal’ at the bottom which was actually recycled from an old chandelier.


Sian said...


WendyK said...

Love this Sherry, it worked really well