Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2008

The Rise and Fall of Neptune!


This week over on Maggies Monday Musings (MAMMA) the theme is WATER. I found an image of Neptune, the God of the Sea and that seemed appropriate enough so 'Neptune Rising' and 'Neptune Falling' were born. For 'rising' the background is some dabbings of Starburst Stains and although the photo doesn't show it very well, it has a nice rippling water effect. The image itself is coated with one layer of gloss glaze. For 'falling' I tried out the 'peeling paint' effect using acrylic paint and vaseline. The idea being to smear vaseline in the areas where you don't want the paint to stay. So it's a bit random and hit and miss, but I was pleased with the effect. Hope whoever gets them will be pleased too!

3 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

So that's how you do it!!

MARGARET FIELD said...

i absolutely love this Sherry.
And thanks for the MAMMA mention

Jan said...

I love these images and I like the acrylic and vaseline effect. Very different - well done.