Pages

Monday 7 July 2008

Round Robin Journal Page - for Paula


I'm involved in a round robin being organised by Astrid.

This is my page for Paula who is an extremely talented artist. Paula's theme is IMAGINE and after seeing her own page, I could only imagine what it would be like to be as gifted as her!

I started the page off by covering it with torn pieces of the old book (mentioned in posts below) with some matte medium, then painted another coat over the top. I then melted some beeswax and black oil pastel over the whole page and covered it with a light dusting of some gold Pearl-Ex. This gave a nice texture and in a few places some of the text from the old book still showed through.

The three diamond shapes are Memory Glass with Pearl-Ex coated on the back and rubber stamping on the top (except for the woman's face which is stamped onto paper and placed behind the glass).

To finish the page off I stuck on some pieces of mosaic near to each piece of Memory glass.

I was pleased with how the page turned out - and hope that Paula likes it too.

There is a blog dedicated to the round robin which can be found here.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

A great page Sherry!

My name is Cindy said...

Fantastic page Sherry and the blog is coming along nicely too!

Jan said...

Lovely page Sherry - love the colours and the technique

Katherine said...

Oooh this is gorgeous!

Sarah said...

I love the background - bet it is fantastic seen up close - great texture and depth to it