Pages

Thursday 3 July 2008

Torso Shaped ATCs



I love making ATCs and recently saw some unusually shaped ones on Cindy's blog. She agreed to swap a couple with me so here are the two I've made for her.

Both are made from mountboard and have backgrounds of melted beeswax and oil pastels and crayons. The first one has a printed image and the second a rubber stamped image onto paper from an old French dictionary, sealed with Gesso. I sprayed some gloss varnish over both of them, but the second one blurred a bit - still I think it still looks ok. Hope Cindy will like them anyway.

13 comments:

Bel said...

Thanks for joining my give away, these torsos are great work. Belinda

MARGARET FIELD said...

Hi Sherry, wow, you've certainly got the knack of the blogs straightaway.

LOOOOOOVE the torsos, great work.

Katherine said...

Oooh these are gorgeous!

PBird said...

These are really lovely im sure Cindy will be thrilled to bits they looks very Cindy to me xx

Trudy said...

love them....
and another blog to add to my favorites

Jan said...

These are absoloutely incredible. Well done.
Congratulations on your blog too - it is looking really good.

Sherry said...

Wow - I've got some comments already - thank you all so much x

Maureen said...

Hi sherry - welcome to Blogland. Love your Torso's.

John Dyhouse said...

And a welcome from me too! TAking the first step can be daunting but once you are in you will be hooked, like the rest of us. Great start.

And by the way, wonderful art to start with - John

WendyK said...

These are both fabulous Sherry, Love them both.
Well done with your Blog

My name is Cindy said...

Thought I'd just pop over to see what you've been up to wit this new blog - ooh, it's for me!! They look great Sherry!! I shall be inrtigued to see what they look like as I haven't used any of the materials you mention. Isn't swapping great? They look really lush in the photos.

Sian said...

They look fantastic!

Ange J Lee said...

Great start to your Blog Sherry! Will be adding you to my links very soon.

Lovin these torso ATCs - gorgeous colours! and a nice idea to use wax - bet it smelt fantastic when you melted it down!
Ange xxx