Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Days 2 and 3


Here we are at day 7 and I've only just finished my second and third tags!


Day 2 of Tim Holtz '12 Tags of Christmas' was all about making a custom ink pad.  I only had 2 distress re-inkers (Walnut Stain and Tattered Rose) so my stamp is not very colourful, but I do like the effect.  I couldn't get the stamped image to emboss - think I was working a little too slowly, so I overstamped the image with some versamark embossing ink and that did the trick!  The image I'm talking about is the dove carrying some holly in it's beak and I think it looks a bit like a sticker!

I added a snowman button to the bottom right hand corner and he's sitting on what's supposed to be snow (from a cotton wool pad, the idea taken from the chimney smoke on Tim's first tag) - or it could be a cloud!



DDay 3 - this tag used some of the new product 'tissue tape'.  I bought some earlier in the year but hadn't used it before now.  I love it, it's very easy to use and has a nice feel and some gorgeous printed collage text on .  I think I may be asking Santa for some more of this!
Here's a couple of close ups





I'm sorry if the layout of this post is all over the place, I'm doing it in a hurry and you know what's like when you try to rush, it takes twice as long and things tend to go wrong!

I'm linking these tags to the linky thingy over at Artyjen's blog where lots of people are sharing their tags for all to see! 

10 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Love your tags :D
They are all so pretty :D
Julie xx

Minxy said...

There both delightful Sherry, hope your having fun playing along, i know i am x

Deborah said...

You're three tags ahead of me :-) This year I shall just look and admire.

gayle said...

Vintage fabulousness, very Tim :)

WendyK said...

Two gorgeous tags Sherry, love the bird and snowman

Fliss said...

Beautiful tags and I just love the different shapes you've made them.
x

Meggymay said...

Love your tags Sherry, the snowman button is real cute.

Artyjen said...

Hi Sherry! Two great tags:) The rosette looks lovely...great that you tried a different shaper tag too :)
Thanks for sharing at my splinter group ;)
xoxo Sioux

PetraB said...

Wonderful tags, love the look of both and the way made the creations yours.

The Dolphin Inn said...

What a cute alternative !!! love the scalloped shape to your tags, thanks for sharing xxx