Pages

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Christmas Crafting!


My two favourite little people came to spend the day with us yesterday Chloe aged 10 and Aaron aged 7.  Their Mum (my little sister!) wanted to do some Christmas shopping so while she was gone we all did a bit of crafting for Christmas!

Kelly (the Mum in question) loves a cup of tea and also always uses shopping lists (unlike me, I try to keep it all in my head and usually forget something!).  I thought they might like to make their Mum a shopping list holder using the free stamp of a cup and saucer from the latest Craft Stamper magazine.


 They stamped a few images on various pattern papers and cut them out.


Not sure if this is allowed - rubber stamping AND eating crisps!


     

For the shopping list holders we used mountboard to make front and back covers, which they then covered with their choice of Decopatch papers - not surprising, Chloe chose a pink one and Aaron a blue! 


For the back cover they used some water colour crayons, I think Aaron enjoyed this bit the most!


We had a bit of a production line going then punching holes (with the Bind-It-All machine) in some plain paper to go inside the holders.


What great team work!


They then had to decide how they wanted to bind the covers and papers together.  Aaron chose to use the wires and Chloe went for some fluffy fibres!


They embellished their covers with glass pebbles and fun buttons - Chloe went for the 'less is more' option, but Aaron decided 'more is more'!!  It was at this stage that Aaron decided he liked his book so much, he'd keep it for himself!  We agreed that he'd make another one for his Mum some other time!

This is what they looked like inside


and when closed


Chloe wrote some words on pink paper which we stuck under the pebbles with Glossy Accents.


Isn't that lovely!

Here's the two happy crafters with their finished shopping lists.


If you're wondering what became of the stamped cup and saucer images - they were stuck onto the back cover of Chloe's book (not pictured) as the papers on the front covers were a little too busy for them to have shown up.

Thanks for a lovely day kids, who enjoyed it most - you or me!!!!

8 comments:

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, what wonderful shopping list holders!!
Well done Chloe and Aaron!!
...and I think eating crisps and rubber stamping is allowed LOL ;)
What a Fabby aunty you are Sherry!

Jan x

Jan said...

That is SO lovely Sherry. You speak so much of these two little ones and it is lovely to see them. And what a wonderful auntie you are letting them loose in your craft room.... you must love them very much! Fantastic results though.... they obviously take after you with their talent. Have a wonderful family Christmas together.

Createology said...

Oh the lovely memories and shopping lists you all made. Kids are the best aren't they! Joyous holiday to you Sherry...

oneoff said...

It looks as though a terrific time was had by all. Lovely makes, and they've worked really hard; I'm sure your sister will be delighted.

PetraB said...

These two did a fantastic job, the shopping lists are brilliant! Have a happy holiday!

Angela said...

Their mom (mum) is going to love her gifts! The kids did an awesome job and I'm sure they had a blast...I bet they felt like "kids in a candy store" in your studio!
Merry Christmas!
Angela

Lynn Stevens said...

What fun that must have been Sherry, I miss my son being that age, he used to Love to stamp with me and was quite good too. oh the memories, they both did a great job and their mom will be thrilled I'm sure!
Merry Christmas!

Gini said...

I think Chloe and Aaron would agree with me when I say your the bestest Aunt ever!
Gini
xx