Pages

Sunday 5 December 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 5


It's the 5th December already, the days counting down to Christmas are just flying by!

Here's my matchbox number 5 for the 'Countdown to Christmas' swap hosted by Linda on her blog A Swap For All Seasons.

This one was made by Becky and it is one of my favourites. Just look at what's inside!


A cute little mitten hand knitted by Becky's fair hand! 

I love the way the box has been decorated too, such a sweet vintage image of a little girl who looks a bit frightened - maybe she's on her way to visit Santa and is worried she hasn't been good enough all year!

Thank you Becky, I love it!!

Hope you can all stop by tomorrow to see box number 6.

12 comments:

Peace said...

Omigosh, I could never make a normal size mitten let alone such a perfect tiny thing! :OD

My name is Cindy said...

wow, that is a cute litle mitten! Wonderful little box it came in as well, this must be so much fun Sherry.

Healing Woman said...

This just proves that good things do come in small packages. How adorable!

JoAnne said...

Love it! That little pouty girl is as adorable as that mitten!

Erica said...

This is fabulous!!!! Love the box - great style. And that little mitten is adorable!

Lynn Stevens said...

how adorable, I wonder if she made the mitten?

Lynn Stevens said...

I guess I should have kept reading, she did!!! how cool is that!

Shelley said...

Your matchbox is precious! And Becky's is cool too. No arthritits in her hands!

Mrs A. said...

Perhaps she just looks frightened because she has realised she has lost her mitten!! I wonder if someone else got its matching one.
Still looking for my elusive No.1 box. Did you find your no2?

Createology said...

How fun to open a tiny treasure each and every day counting down to Christmas. Happy holidays...

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

This is one of my favorite boxes...too cute! LOVE the tray you made to display them all...great idea!

Linda said...

I agree- definately one of the best! I knit with Becky every Thursday- she has been knitting since she was a little girl! She knits without even looking down at her hands!
Oh, by the way, I love what you did with the little green felt mittens from the goody bag!
AND... your tags are FAB!