Here's my last dress for the Dress Up challenge organised by Margaret on her blog
I started this 'Dress Up' year with January's dress being a bit of a Cinderella's work apron so wanted to end with a kind of Cinderella's ballgown!
I started with a card base sprayed with Dylusions 'Gold Stars' mica spray. I rubber stamped a floral image onto the bodice, embossed it, then applied some metallic rub ons.
For the skirt I used kitchen towel coloured with the same mica spray - I love how it turned out, it looks like silk taffeta - how fitting for a beautiful ballgown for Cinders!
To finish off I added a silk ribbon sash around the waist complete with a charm (from one of the various charm swaps I took part in this year). I edged the top of the bodice with some Stickles (Platinum) and added a few beaded buttons again stuck on with Stickles.
Here's all twelve dresses in their wardrobe
I've enjoyed making them all and would like to say a big thank you to Margaret
for organising this project.
If you'd like to do something similar next year, Angela from
will be hosting a challenge and all details may be found on her blog.