Pages

Thursday 30 December 2010

...and finally, Dress Up - December


Here's my last dress for the Dress Up challenge organised by Margaret on her blog

I started this 'Dress Up' year with January's dress being a bit of a Cinderella's work apron so wanted to end with a kind of Cinderella's ballgown!


I started with a card base sprayed with Dylusions 'Gold Stars' mica spray.  I rubber stamped a floral image onto the bodice, embossed it, then applied some metallic rub ons.

For the skirt I used kitchen towel coloured with the same mica spray - I love how it turned out, it looks like silk taffeta - how fitting for a beautiful ballgown for Cinders!

To finish off I added a silk ribbon sash around the waist complete with a charm (from one of the various charm swaps I took part in this year).  I edged the top of the bodice with some Stickles (Platinum) and added a few beaded buttons again stuck on with Stickles.

Here's all twelve dresses in their wardrobe


I've enjoyed making them all and would like to say a big thank you to Margaret
for organising this project.

If you'd like to do something similar next year, Angela from
 will be hosting a challenge and all details may be found on her blog.


14 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful dress! I love your wardrobe closet! This is just too cute! Happy New Year!

Luna Art said...

Amazing dress, I really thought it was taffeta until I read down and saw it was kitchen towel!! They all look so pretty hanging in the wardrobe...I want to come and play dress up! Have a fab new year x

Gez Butterworth said...

What a wonderful party dress. Love it! Well Done Sherry for keeping going throughout the year. They look splendid altogether. Sending you best wishes for the New Year & happy crafting. Gez.xx

Mrs A. said...

That is sew pretty. I too couldn't believe it was kitchen towel.Love the colour. I have just joined in the Artful Bag challenge so need to get a move on for the first one on Saturday. Happy New year.

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous ballgown Sherry. They look Fab hanging in the wardrobe.xx

Minxy said...

WOW i can't believe thats kitchen towel, it looks amazing, as do they all your dresses in there little wardrobe x
Wishing you all the best for 2011 xx

Createology said...

Very coutour my dear. I love this Cinderella ball gown and to think it isn't real fabrics...genius! Happy Healthy and Creative 2011 to you...

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Sherry, you certainly saved the best for last! I have loved them all, but this one is exquisite!

Uniquely Ella said...

Just adorable!
xxx
Marlene

Deborah said...

Kitchen towel!!!! Amazing creativity, amazing dress, Sherry.

PetraB said...

Totally gorgeous and definitely so for a kitchen towel (lol). The ballgown is stunning.

Sandy Ang said...

Such a delicately sweet creation for any want-to-be Cinderella.
Looking forward to what you'll come up with next year.
If you have a fav projec of 2010, come by and it link up.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous December dress fit for a princess! Amazing texture you created with the paper towel!
Your dresses look fab together in their box! lovely finish to the project! Margaretx

Gini said...

Oh my oh my, this is my favourite December dress and I can't believe it's not butter, I mean silk but Kitchen towel!!!
Dyan dylusions sprays are just to die for aren't they! (You know there are times when I'm just not funny at all, but I don't let a little thing like that stop me!)
Such a beautiful dress, I would like to twirl in it, although what with me being tall, you need to wear it and you twirl and I'll hold your hand (like Meg Ryan did in 'You've got mail' with her Mum) and Sherry will go the the Xmas ball and twirl and twirl and twirl...until she's sick!
Aaaaw and you thought I'd gone all cutesy on you didn't you!!!
Gini
xx