Pages

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 14


"Oh the weather outside is frightful,
but the fire is so delightful,
and since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

I've just heard Dean Martin singing this over on Linda's blog
where all the details for this 'Countdown to Christmas' swap may be found.

Today's matchbox is from Tracy of
She covered her matchbox with a combination of sheet music and sheep paper and very effectively burnt the edges of the music paper - I just know I wouldn't be able to do this for fear of catching the whole thing alight!  I wonder if she used the matches from the box!  

Here's what's inside


Some lovely earrings - I think they have something of the Eiffel Tower about them - more oo-la-la than ho-ho-ho.  I think Santa may have picked them up on his visit to Paris - lol.

Thank you Tracy, I love both the box and the earrings!

There will be another reveal tomorrow - of box 15!

8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Strange that before I had finished reading your blog I too thought Eiffel Tower!! Super cute box. The reason I made all my boxes up was that I didn't have any idea what to do with all the darn matches that would be over. I have since found a use for them. Dang! Not a match in sight.Lol Thanks for the blog details you sent through.

JoAnne said...

What a great box! I have to say, that's one of my faves!

Linda said...

I love the burnt edges on the paper and that sheep peeking over the edge is too cute!

Terry said...

Adorable! Really love these!!

Sunset97 said...

hey sherry!

you are very welcomed! I'm glad you like them... yeh, i have to admit that the earrings remind me of the Eiffel Tower too...

it's kind of a joke around here about how me and fire and sharp objects are not a good combination....lol my family usually feels better when i have some sort of supervision...lol
however, i can't rememeber if my hubby was in the background when i was lighting the hymnal pages on fire or not...i did feel a little guilty about desecrating the baptist hymnal by tearing the pages and then burning them too...even though i did buy it at a thrift store for not much...

hope you have a wonderful day...

tracy

Luna Art said...

Cute box, love the burnt paper effect and the earings are fab x

Meggymay said...

Super box, and the earings are beautiful

Alexandra MacVean said...

GORGEOUS box with beautiful earrings. Happy Christmas to you!! :)