Pages

Saturday 4 December 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 1


Last year I made all twelve tags follwing Tim Holtz' blog and enjoyed it so much as well as learning lots of different techniques.  I didn't have a lot of the various products he used though so had to make do.  During this last year I have bought many more Ranger items so thought I'd be well prepared for this years tags - wrong!!!  There's always something new isn't there - oh well, never mind at least I had a few of the things he used for tag number one. 

I didn't have the die for the house or the picket fence.  I cut a simple house shape from the Grungeboard and used part of another On The Edge die for the top and bottom of the fence and inbetween is just string - a bit rickety, but I think it works.  For the tree (the HUGE tree!!) I used some pipe cleaners, I'd forgotten how useful they are.


My own additions are the net curtains at the windows (you'll have to look closely to see them!) and the snowman (hiding behind the fence).


This first tag took quite a while to do, but I'm pleased with the finished result.

Full instructions are on Tim Holtz blog here.

All I need to do now is tags 2, 3 and 4 and I'll have caught up!

19 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

thats so cute :D
Julie xx

flutterbycrafter said...

Wicked, love the curtains and snowman, fantastic.

Artyjen said...

Hi! Love the house it looks as if it's smiling....such a happy looking house :)
Thanks for linking to the splinter group....I'll be leaving the linky thing open for while so no rush to do them all and post
TTFN
xoxo Sioux

Unknown said...

Beautiful love it!

Anonymous said...

Love your tag Sherry! It's beautiful!
Alison x

Donna said...

Gorgeous Tag Sherry!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Awww what cute additions Sherry, the curtains and snowman ensure your tag is totally unique and supersweet too, cant wait to see your other tags, thanks for sharing xxx

Healing Woman said...

Your improvising went well. I thought it was Tim's when I first looked at it!

Lynn Stevens said...

I Love it! Great improvising, we all seem to be doing that, who can afford everything they have!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Fantastic! The lil snowman is an added bonus!
Jan x

Meggymay said...

Wow, love your tree, it is a fantastic tag. xx

Jen xo said...

oh well done Sherry,i love seeing what he makes and the new techniques but could never afford al the products. So great to see your tag with some improvising....jenxo

WendyK said...

Some great improvisation there Sherry, it's fab. These tags are quite addictive aren't they.

Luna Art said...

Fab tag! Love the house and the fence and your sparkly pipe cleaner tree is great! x

My name is Cindy said...

Woo hoo, loving your tag Sherry, and the tree is great!!

penny4thoughts said...

Nice improvisation! I love the window curtains - too cute!

Fliss said...

Gorgeous and soooo cute!
x

PetraB said...

What a fantastic tag, I love your interpretation - especially the little snowman.

Minxy said...

Great take hun, loving the extra dimention