Pages

Sunday 12 December 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 12


Day 12 of this swap - all details may be found on the A Swap For All Seasons blog where there's always lovely Christmas music to be heard too!

My box number 12 was made by Michelle Cummings of Faerie Dust Dreams.  I've had the pleasure of joining in with one of Michelle's charm swaps in the past and she is another lovely, sharing crafter so I'm delighted to have received one of her matchboxes.


Inside the box was decorated with fabric with music score on and of course, the all important glitter!!


The gift inside is an altered bottletop which has the same image on as the one on the front of the box - a vintage postage stamp dated 1932 with two carol singers singing their hearts out!


Thank you Michelle, I love it!

I received some nice post yesterday from Shelley of
just for joining in with the kimono challenge she hosted recently.  Here's what she sent me


A Kimono shaped greetings card and an unmounted rubber stamp which I know I'm going to enjoy using. 
 Isn't Blogland wonderful with such lovely, kind and sharing crafters. 
 If you're looking in Shelley, thanks again!

Finally, I don't usually put much personal information on my blog but feel the need to mention that today is special as it's our 18th wedding anniversary.  It was a beautiful cold crisp but sunny day and it seems like yesterday!  Happy Anniversary John (not that he looks at my blog - but you never know - if you do John, I dare you to leave a comment!)

Come back tomorrow to see what matchbox number 13 holds!

8 comments:

Terry said...

Really love these matchboxes! Enjoy your win from Shelley and most of all, Happy 18th Anniversary! Time so flies! Enjoy your weekend!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Happy Anniversary Sherry! And Mr. Sherry, too!

Mrs A. said...

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs Sherry.
I wanted to get married in a December because I fancied carrying a white parasol trimed with fur! The family wouldn't hear of it so we married the following summer.We had hail stones and forked lightning. The Doc says to this day it was a sign!!!!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I'm glad you liked it! Funny that we got each other! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this, your work on these is so gorgeous and they are precious.
I would like to use your work for the dezinaworld everyone wins challenge to display on my website so just popped by to ask your permission. Could you let me know if that is ok please ? Also just checking with everyone that they got their prizes ? again, please let me know if you did or not and if not i will send you the link
hugs June

PetraB said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr Sherry! Hope you have a great day. Enjoy your prize, the stamp looks lovely.

Healing Woman said...

I'd have such a hard time picking which of these darling little boxes I like best. I definitely want to try these next year..or at least experiment on them during the year. I'm so glad you are posting them.

Deborah said...

Belated congratulations to you and John, Sherry :-)