Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2010

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday, week 77


On my craft desk today there are three things mainly

1.  Two new Texture Fade Embossing folders which arrived in today's post after my hubby very kindly 'won' them for me on Ebay.

2.  Towards the back a plastic wallet with some fabric scraps in, I've been doing a bit of hand sewing patchwork in front of the TV so I can keep hubby company for a change instead of disappearing upstairs to the craft room, only to reappear when it's bedtime - lol.

3.  A bundle of ribbons so I can choose some to make a hanger for the baking tray which I've been altering to display my 25 Christmas matchboxes - another post about that will follow later today.

If you'd like to see some other desks go along to Julia's blog Stamping Ground where she has links to 94 others and by the time I add my own link there'll probably be a few more too - so I'm not the only one addicted to this WOYWW lark!

I'll leave you with the snowy view of our little back garden 


I know we've got off lightly compared to other parts of the country, but it ain't 'alf cold!

Thanks for looking and if you let me know you've been, I'll come and visit you too.  Stay safe and warm, until the next time xx

14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sherry, your desk has some interesting stuff on it today and didn't your husband do well on ebay. Thanks for comment on my blog. The going to be using the Perfect Pearls dry brushed onto Versamark in much the same way as you would chalks hence the hairspray. Elizabeth #85

Twiglet said...

Will pop back to look at your 25 Christmas boxes!

Debs said...

oooh can't wait to see your finished project xx

Lizzybobs said...

looking forward to see the rest of your boxe - than ks for sharing - lv Liz

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Hi Sherry...nice to meet you! I recieved your #1 matchbox...thank you so much. I loved the altered domino!

Your snow is beautiful but I'll just admire it from afar. LOL

Carola Bartz said...

I love the view of your back garden. It looks so calm and peaceful. Oh, and I looked at the post above, I adore that little match box house! What a cute idea.

nnalorac said...

Some gorgeous ribbons you have there and love your beautiful garden, thanks for showing. Carolxx....67

donnalouiserodgers said...

ooh ohh I'm quilting too, love the matchbox, and yep it brass monkey weather here too,

Dxxxx

Mrs A. said...

Must go and post up my desk picture.Taken at 4am this morning!
Well I did get as far as buying the tray for the boxes. The thoughts there. Love the pic of your back garden.No snow here at the mo but it is freeeeeeeezing cold. Don't know about the monkeys but our outside tap froze up even though it is double lagged and has one of 'The Docs' bobble hats covering it nice and snug.

Zue said...

Hi Sherry
I feel better now having seen your lovely snow. WE are forecast to have some about 2am today, but they always get it so wrong for the Thames Valley, must be cos we are so low-lying.
Lovely bits on your desk!!
Sue xx 78

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fab matchbox, love the ribbon she made. Your ribbon storage looks great, mine is more of a hanger and the ribbons keep falling down.

Warm hugs
Maarit

akilli melek said...

never have enough patience to do patchwork, but i love the effect.

your garden looks very christmassy. We were 22degrees today.

not playing this week (lose too much time if i do) but couldnt resist a peek at your desk

hugs and sunshine
caroline

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have one super sweet hubby. He knows what you like. Can't wait to see the matchboxes. And I LOVE your garden. It looks like all it needs is a red bow.

Nicky said...

Your desk has lots of intersting stuff on it love the box with the ribbons ~ thanks for sharing ~ Nicky ~30